Sydney Harbour Kayaks has a Safari H2O Breakwater plastic sea kayak in our rental fleet that you can test paddle / try before you decide, then order your own brand new one!
Price: $1,800 + shipping from our supplier in Victoria
About this model:
With excellent stability and easy handling, the Breakwater is a great all-round touring kayak. The 58 cm-wide beam makes this model study and predictable on the water. It's 4.7m-long waterline means it strikes a good balance between manoeuvrability and good tracking.
The Breakwater is fitted with a rudder so you can stay on-track or turn easily. Rudder-style: retractable, so you can tuck it up when launching/landing; deployed with a pull-cord beside the paddler's waist.
Length: 4.72 m (15'6")
Beam (width): 58 cm
Weight: 26.5 kg
Material: plastic (polyethylene)
Cockpit length: 82 cm, cockpit width: 40 cm
Recommended maximum capacity: 140 kg (paddler plus gear)
- Foot-operated retractable steering rudder,
- Front and rear hatches sealed with bulkheads and two-part covers: soft neoprene inner seal and hard plastic outer lid,
- Plenty of storage space,
- Excellent stability,
- Good speed,
- Comfortable, fully-padded seating with adjustable lumbar height,
- Bungee deck rigging for stowing accessories,
- Safety deck lines (reflective),
- Built-in safety floatation thanks to the bulkheads, which create floatation chambers.
Benefits of plastic kayaks:
- Offer a cost saving for paddlers as they are less expensive than a composite (fibreglass/Kevlar/carbon) boat,
- Are extremely durable and forgiving if/when they strike a rock (or get dropped in a parking lot while loading/unloading).
If you have come on the Sydney Harbour Kayaks FREE Learn to Kayak Lesson and FREE Kayak Safety Lesson, then you might have used a Safari H2O kayak already. We use the Coorong, Breakwater and Abel Explorer, as well as the Wilderness Systems Tsunami 145 and 165 models on our group lessons.
Customers also viewed