Mirage 583 Custom Fish - Kevlar
Mirage 583 Custom Fish Sea Kayak; - set your own line, create your own adventure.
The 583 is a great craft for fishing enthusiasts as well. The Custom Fish model is a customisable fishing kayak that allows you to create your own design. You can choose where to position rod holders and fittings to suit your needs. Mirage will always be there for you to ensure your kayak is fitted with smart, well-positioned features throughout the manufacturing process.
The open desk design of the 583 Custom Fish gives you better access to hard to reach spots – coves, eddies or breaks that aren't accessible by foot. With greater access the scope of your fishing territory increases, increasing your change of success.
Perfect for: • Open deck sea kayaking for maximum fun across larger sheltered waterways and inshore surf zones, to coastal and open ocean environments • Smooth and fast offshore or inshore paddling • Small to large sized paddlers, for those with beginner paddling skills to the advanced • Rigging up your kayak and creating your own personal design, with the expert kayak builders at Mirage available for assistance to create the perfect fishing craft.
Mirage 583 Custom Fish Standard Features:
• 100% carbon fibre, three point locking foot brace, which allows for a solid connection for steering and leg drive
• Unique Mirage integrated rudder system, which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Adjustable foot brace rails to enable a smooth ride for short and tall paddlers
• Proven sea kayaking hull design that is smooth in rough water, edges sharply and tracks beautifully on swells, waves, and wake
• Self-draining, carbon fibre venturi, with a sealing plug for a dry ride
• Contoured, supportive, and ergonomic seating that promotes a balanced paddling posture
• Large rear 90 litre oval hatch and 80 litre front hatch (25cm round lid) with kayak sport hatch cover, for a tight fit in the roughest of conditions
• Fibreglass reinforced perimeter with seam taping to strengthen your kayak join line
• Centrally located, balanced recessed handle for ease of carrying and re-entry after a capsize
• Kayak Sport Self Rescue Clamps for rescue, paddle storage, or creating an outrigger for extreme stability
• Bow and stern carry toggles for ease of lifting
• Bow and stern 6mm reflective deck line and shock cord zones for safety and on-deck gear storage
• Forward deck line reflective taping for added safety in low light conditions
• Dual rear flush mount fishing rod holders for trawling and easy access
• Rear deck cleats for stowage and secure tie downs
• Mirage red flag with reflective tape to increase visibility
• Central drink bottle holder
Specifications: Length: 5.8m Beam: 55.5cm
- Carbon / Innegra = TBA
- Kevlar = 21kg
- Fibreglass = 24kg
Note: Weights on the Custom Fish are an estimate due to the reinforcment that maybe needed for some of your customising.
• Rear Hatch: 90L • Front Hatch: 80L
We are so confident in the quality and reliability of our sea kayak manufacturing; we offer a limited lifetime warranty on all new kayaks (Kayaks built after May 1, 2013).
This warranty covers any manufacturing material defects or faults in our workmanship to the composite shell and rudder system and is limited to the original purchaser.
All deck fixtures including rudder pedal system, rudder cable, deck lines, shock cord / bungee cord, hatch covers and rims have a warranty covering manufacturing defects of one year from purchase. If there is a fault with an added option like a sail kit, bilge pump or compass, then Mirage will manage this warranty with the manufacturer of these products on your behalf. These options have a one year warranty from purchase.
Your kayaks warranty is able to be transferred to any future owners if this kayak undergoes a complete 'Mirage Care' refurbishment prior to the kayak being sold. Please see the 'repair & refurbishment' section in this website for details.
Please call the dealer or agent where you purchased your kayak to assess your concerns. If your kayak is deemed to be a warranty issue, then you need to have this kayak returned to Mirage Sea Kayaks in Gosford, NSW at your shipping cost. We will then return it to you after it has been repaired or replaced at our shipping cost.
If a Mirage approved technician concludes that your kayak has failed due to workmanship or faulty materials, then Mirage Sea Kayaks will repair or replace your kayak.
The warranty is void if the kayak is used in commercial operations, altered structurally or subjected to stress beyond physical limitations of the kayaks material. This warranty does not cover abrasion, abnormal use, wear and tear or damage caused by use or misuse.
Mirage Sea Kayaks is not liable for any injury sustained in the use of this product. The user of this kayak acknowledges assumed risks and waives any and all claims against Mirage Sea Kayaks and any of its dealers or agents.
Mirage Sea Kayaks highly recommends that prior to kayaking, you read the guidelines on the Paddle Safe Paddle Smart website (www.paddlesmart.org) and undertake kayaking skills lessons from any reputable kayaking instructor. The majority of the Mirage dealers and agents offer kayaking tuition from beginners to advanced.