Mirage 582 Carbon / Innegra
Mirage 582 is an extra robust construction ideal for heavy loads and rugged use. Fully capable in the most demanding conditions.
Longer length kayak offers excellent stability, tracking and high speed cruising ability, with three high volume dry storage compartments ideal for those longer expeditions.
• Medium to large sized paddlers, from beginner through to advanced paddling skills
• Day touring to multiday touring in larger sheltered waters to coastal and open ocean environments
Mirage 582 Features:
• Unique Mirage pedal and integrated rudder system which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Three high volume dry storage compartments with easy access snap lid hatches – great seaworthiness and good storage capacity including convenient day hatch - These hatches are made by Kajak Sport Finland.
• Full safety perimeter line and functional elastic deck rigging
• Contoured, supportive, ergonomic seat
• Solid footrest platform, enhances paddler performance
• Component upgrade compatible - look at our Outfitting section to find out how you can customise your kayak.
• The 582 made in Carbon / Innegra comes with full carbon cockpit rim, rudder and seat.
• The NEW 582 Sport is a kevlar kayak however uses resin infusion to achieve a lighter weight construction.
- Carbon / Innegra = 19.5kg
- Kevlar = 22.5kg
- Sport (Kevlar / resin infusion) 18.5kg
- Fibreglass = 24.5kg
- Rear Hatch: 90L
- Front Hatch: 80L
- Day Hatch: 27L
Download the 2013 / 2014 Mirage Sea Kayaks catalogue here
Click here for images of the Carbon / Innegra 582
Download a catalogue on the 582 and additional outfitting options in Carbon
We are so confident in the quality and reliability of our sea kayak manufacturing; we offer a limited lifetime warranty on all new kayaks (Kayaks built after May 1, 2013).
This warranty covers any manufacturing material defects or faults in our workmanship to the composite shell and rudder system and is limited to the original purchaser.
All deck fixtures including rudder pedal system, rudder cable, deck lines, shock cord / bungee cord, hatch covers and rims have a warranty covering manufacturing defects of one year from purchase. If there is a fault with an added option like a sail kit, bilge pump or compass, then Mirage will manage this warranty with the manufacturer of these products on your behalf. These options have a one year warranty from purchase.
Your kayaks warranty is able to be transferred to any future owners if this kayak undergoes a complete 'Mirage Care' refurbishment prior to the kayak being sold. Please see the 'repair & refurbishment' section in this website for details.
Please call the dealer or agent where you purchased your kayak to assess your concerns. If your kayak is deemed to be a warranty issue, then you need to have this kayak returned to Mirage Sea Kayaks in Gosford, NSW at your shipping cost. We will then return it to you after it has been repaired or replaced at our shipping cost.
If a Mirage approved technician concludes that your kayak has failed due to workmanship or faulty materials, then Mirage Sea Kayaks will repair or replace your kayak.
The warranty is void if the kayak is used in commercial operations, altered structurally or subjected to stress beyond physical limitations of the kayaks material. This warranty does not cover abrasion, abnormal use, wear and tear or damage caused by use or misuse.
Mirage Sea Kayaks is not liable for any injury sustained in the use of this product. The user of this kayak acknowledges assumed risks and waives any and all claims against Mirage Sea Kayaks and any of its dealers or agents.
Mirage Sea Kayaks highly recommends that prior to kayaking, you read the guidelines on the Paddle Safe Paddle Smart website (www.paddlesmart.org) and undertake kayaking skills lessons from any reputable kayaking instructor. The majority of the Mirage dealers and agents offer kayaking tuition from beginners to advanced.