Mirage 532 - Fibreglass
Mirage 532 - Fibreglass
Designed for performance, the Mirage 532 combines speed with dependable handling in challenging conditions for a wide range of paddlers.
A complete redesign of the famous 530, the Mirage 532 is a great all-rounder; built for speed and efficiency, while also being sporty and easy to control when manoevering.
Extra volume has been added from behind the seat all the way to the rudder box, enhancing the hull shape to increase stability and allow this kayak to suit a wider range of body types.
• Medium to large sized paddlers, from beginner through to advanced paddling skills
• Fitness paddling and day touring to multiday touring in more confined bodies of water e.g. lakes, estuaries, to coastal environments
• The 532 has had a complete hull and deck redesign for a more modern look and refined performance.
• The 532 features an increase in hull volume from the rear seat through to the rudder box; this allows for the following:
* The kayak plains flatter when you are up to speed, thus making the 532 a faster and smoother kayak than the 530
* The 532 allows for an increase in ideal paddler weight - about the 80-90kg area
• The 532 has the 'shallow V' carried back further to increase the initial stability and make the kayak less twitchy.
• The 532 has Kajak Sport hatches - front, day and rear.
Mirage 532 Features:
• Unique Mirage pedal and integrated rudder system which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Three high volume dry storage compartments with easy access snap lid hatches – great seaworthiness and good storage capacity including convenient day hatch - These hatches are made by Kajak Sport Finland.
• Full safety perimeter line, grab handles and functional elastic deck rigging
• Contoured, supportive, ergonomic seat
• Solid footrest platform, enhances paddler performance
• Component upgrade compatible - look at our Outfitting section to find out how you can customise your kayak.
The 'Ultra Light' 532 Sport is constructed with a combination of a Kevlar skin and a thin layer of Soric that is sandwiched in between. We then use IRT to provide incredible strength and rigidity, with optimum weight.
- Kevlar = 20kg
- Kevlar IRT = 16.5kg - What is IRT click here http://www.mirageseakayaks.com.au/2013-05-28-10-45-45/irt
- Fibreglass = 22kg
- Rear Hatch: 70L
- Front Hatch: 50L
- Day Hatch: 25L
We are so confident in the quality and reliability of our sea kayak manufacturing; we offer a limited lifetime warranty on all new kayaks (Kayaks built after May 1, 2013).
This warranty covers any manufacturing material defects or faults in our workmanship to the composite shell and rudder system and is limited to the original purchaser.
All deck fixtures including rudder pedal system, rudder cable, deck lines, shock cord / bungee cord, hatch covers and rims have a warranty covering manufacturing defects of one year from purchase. If there is a fault with an added option like a sail kit, bilge pump or compass, then Mirage will manage this warranty with the manufacturer of these products on your behalf. These options have a one year warranty from purchase.
Your kayaks warranty is able to be transferred to any future owners if this kayak undergoes a complete 'Mirage Care' refurbishment prior to the kayak being sold. Please see the 'repair & refurbishment' section in this website for details.
Please call the dealer or agent where you purchased your kayak to assess your concerns. If your kayak is deemed to be a warranty issue, then you need to have this kayak returned to Mirage Sea Kayaks in Gosford, NSW at your shipping cost. We will then return it to you after it has been repaired or replaced at our shipping cost.
If a Mirage approved technician concludes that your kayak has failed due to workmanship or faulty materials, then Mirage Sea Kayaks will repair or replace your kayak.
The warranty is void if the kayak is used in commercial operations, altered structurally or subjected to stress beyond physical limitations of the kayaks material. This warranty does not cover abrasion, abnormal use, wear and tear or damage caused by use or misuse.
Mirage Sea Kayaks is not liable for any injury sustained in the use of this product. The user of this kayak acknowledges assumed risks and waives any and all claims against Mirage Sea Kayaks and any of its dealers or agents.
Mirage Sea Kayaks highly recommends that prior to kayaking, you read the guidelines on the Paddle Safe Paddle Smart website (www.paddlesmart.org) and undertake kayaking skills lessons from any reputable kayaking instructor. The majority of the Mirage dealers and agents offer kayaking tuition from beginners to advanced.