Mirage 520 - Fibreglass
Mirage 520 - Fibreglass
Performance kayak at an entry level price. Boasts a versatile design for agile performance use through to comfortable touring.
With its lightweight design and compact size, the 520 is sleek through the water and highly-responsive when turning. Off the water, it’s easy to carry and store.
• Small to medium sized paddlers, from beginner through to advanced paddling skills
• Fitness paddling and day touring to multiday touring in more confined bodies of water e.g. lakes, estuaries, to coastal environments
Mirage 520 Features:
• Unique Mirage pedal and integrated rudder system which improves propulsion and offers superior directional control
• Dual dry storage compartments – great seaworthiness and good storage capacity
• Full safety perimeter line, grab handles and functional elastic deck rigging
• Contoured, supportive, ergonomic seat
• Solid footrest platform, enhances paddler performance
• Component upgrade compatible - look at our Outfitting section to find out how you can customise your kayak
• The 520 fibreglass version does not come with the comfort seat kit (foam padding and backband)
- Kevlar = 19.5kg
- Fibreglass = 23kg
- Rear Hatch: 87L
- Front Hatch: 54L
We are so confident in the quality and reliability of our sea kayak manufacturing; we offer a limited lifetime warranty on all new kayaks (Kayaks built after May 1, 2013).
This warranty covers any manufacturing material defects or faults in our workmanship to the composite shell and rudder system and is limited to the original purchaser.
All deck fixtures including rudder pedal system, rudder cable, deck lines, shock cord / bungee cord, hatch covers and rims have a warranty covering manufacturing defects of one year from purchase. If there is a fault with an added option like a sail kit, bilge pump or compass, then Mirage will manage this warranty with the manufacturer of these products on your behalf. These options have a one year warranty from purchase.
Your kayaks warranty is able to be transferred to any future owners if this kayak undergoes a complete 'Mirage Care' refurbishment prior to the kayak being sold. Please see the 'repair & refurbishment' section in this website for details.
Please call the dealer or agent where you purchased your kayak to assess your concerns. If your kayak is deemed to be a warranty issue, then you need to have this kayak returned to Mirage Sea Kayaks in Gosford, NSW at your shipping cost. We will then return it to you after it has been repaired or replaced at our shipping cost.
If a Mirage approved technician concludes that your kayak has failed due to workmanship or faulty materials, then Mirage Sea Kayaks will repair or replace your kayak.
The warranty is void if the kayak is used in commercial operations, altered structurally or subjected to stress beyond physical limitations of the kayaks material. This warranty does not cover abrasion, abnormal use, wear and tear or damage caused by use or misuse.
Mirage Sea Kayaks is not liable for any injury sustained in the use of this product. The user of this kayak acknowledges assumed risks and waives any and all claims against Mirage Sea Kayaks and any of its dealers or agents.
Mirage Sea Kayaks highly recommends that prior to kayaking, you read the guidelines on the Paddle Safe Paddle Smart website (www.paddlesmart.org) and undertake kayaking skills lessons from any reputable kayaking instructor. The majority of the Mirage dealers and agents offer kayaking tuition from beginners to advanced.